Sunday, October 10, 2010

Florida Panthers: Three Reasons For Optimism

In approximately eight hours, the Florida Panthers will open the season in Edmonton, against the 1-0 Oilers. George Richards provides a few details in his write up, including a surprise healthy scratching of Steve Reinprecht.

Before I take things in a positive direction, I will remind everybody that I did pick Florida to finish 14th in the East, I do not expect this team to make the playoffs, and I will root for the tank if this team ends up out of contention early on. However, I do believe the team has a few things going for it that it hasn’t in the past, and here they are.

- Rest for the weary: In previous seasons, the Panthers have entered the season already out of gas (something admitted by players). This has been due to awful preseason scheduling. Luckily, this year that was remedied, and Florida is even the last team to play a game in the NHL. This extra rest should equal a fresh Panthers team out of the gate.

Read the rest at the Frozen Lair.

No comments:

Post a Comment